#QuickTip: Profile Pictures
Be social and use a photo of your face for your personal online profiles. The human mind is hardwired to identify human faces. It’s a condition called Pareidolia.
By having a good photo of yourself online you appear more real, friendly and accessible. This will increase your chances when it comes to potential customers making contact.
You can take this personal (and business) brand optimisation to an even greater level by cropping the photo tight to your face. Studies found that profiles on dating websites that had a more tightly cropped photo appeared more attractive over those that had the standard head and shoulders photo.
So for the best success make sure you have a good quality photo of yourself as your profile picture. Secondly make sure it is cropped tightly to your head making your eyes, nose and mouth easy to see.
- The Lancashire Business Expo and Your Social Media
- My Social Media Job: What Have I Learnt?
- Brexit Business Strategy
- How to Use Instagram for Business
- 8 Benefits of Blogging for Small Business
- When Not To Vlog
- How to build a Twitter following from scratch
- How to create content for social media
- Facebook Data – 5 ways to inform your marketing
- Lancashire Social Media Tip – Twitter Hours
- Do you use this hashtag secret?
- What’s Your Facebook Role?