Bespoke social media training in Lancaster for the Barrie Wells Trust.
Two half-day sessions in which their team were shown how to effectively use social media with their events, to promote their work and how to analyse the social media analytics.
The Barrie Wells Trust is a charitable organisation founded by sports philanthropist Barrie Wells. The charity focuses on providing VIP experiences for seriously ill and disabled children through their Box4Kids initiative. Working with clubs, companies and individual businesses across the UK, the Barrie Wells Trust invites children from local hospitals to watch their favourite sports team or concert from the comfort of an executive box.
Funded solely by Barrie Wells the charity does not seek any fundraising or financial donations but does look to connect with executive box holders at sports ground and arenas.
Social Media Training for the Barrie Wells Trust
Following an initial meeting with the Barrie Wells team, we were able to analyse their current use of social media and suggest how improvements could strengthen their digital strategy. A bespoke training plan was developed and agreed before the sessions.
During the two half-day sessions, attention was paid to their use of the Barrie Wells Trust Facebook and Twitter accounts. With years of practical experience, we were able to develop a strategy that worked for their marketing team. In particular, we looked at the following:
- Using social media analytics to monitor and improve their online presence.
- How to use Twitter and Facebook for their future events and how to profile past events.
- Best way to manage interactions online.
- How to handle negative social media comments if they were to ever occur in the future.
- How to capture supporters of the charity and encourage them to follow the Barrie Wells Trust online. For this, we developed the social media business cards below.